From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jerry N9AVY
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 3:46 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] ARRL Grid 2018

Brian:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have to say there are many digital hams out there who apparently did not read the rules (Part 97). I hear violations almost every time I'm on the air. I'm talking about U.S. hams and not DX. The rules on ID'ing are violated the most. Thank goodness they don't exceed the 10 minute rule, I've heard some on SSB do a 20 minute monologue.

When I first joined PODXS, I didn't know all the rules, but I learned as I went along and I suspect others did as well.

This is a hobby , something we do for enjoyment. After several years as an ARRL Official Observer I've exited ARRL and just about every other volunteer job because I just want to enjoy the hobby.

From: "Mike Besemer" <mwbesemer@cox.net>
To: 070Club@groups.io
LOTW has accepted FT8 since August.

http://qrznow.com/arrl-lotw-now-accept-ft8-mode/