Re: Awards Checker

Jim K5SP

Steve, I looked at the rpt for the W3hf Fooling around.  It has some errors in it, has anyone checked the file to resolve these errors?  I made them red and bold.

Jim K5SP

Use of uninitialized value $_ in scalar chomp at ../adif-validator/ADIF/Parser.pm line 70, <FILE> chunk 62.
Use of uninitialized value $comments in pattern match (m//) at ../adif-validator/ADIF/Parser.pm line 71, <FILE> line 62.
KJ4IZW ADIF VALIDATOR
	This reviews a AIDF file for warnings/errors using the v3.0.4 spec: http://www.adif.org/304/ADIF_304.htm
Tue Dec 19 09:45:05 EST 2017
==============
ADIF_VER:
PROGRAMID: W3HF is fooling around
PROGRAMVERSION: 0.1
CREATED_TIMESTAMP: 20171219 032200
Records: 3
==============
Header info
==============

[WARNING: NO_ADIF_VER  x1] Optional ADIF_VER missing from header.
Use of uninitialized value in anonymous hash ({}) at ../adif-validator/adif-validator.pl line 108.
  == 33% of RECORDS == (values:)

==============
FIELDS USED:
	100% (3) 	BAND
	100% (3) 	CALL
	100% (3) 	MODE
	100% (3) 	QSO_DATE
	100% (3) 	TIME_ON
==============
excluded: BAD_STRING,BAD_MULTILINE_STRING,BAD_MULTILINE_NEWLINE,NO_TYPE,BAD_NUMBER.SRX,BAD_NUMBER.STX,UNKNOWN_SUB_ENUMERATION.CNTY

On 12/19/2017 8:39 AM, Stephen Melachrinos wrote:
Mike -

The checker still knows that you've already earned certain endorsements. That's why you have 15 awards listed in blue on the left side of the page.

The problem (at least as I see it) is that for some reason it's not processing the new file to apply those QSOs either to awarded endorsements or to new ones. It's not even pulling out the fake name I put in my version of the ADIF file for the source of the ADIF. (Usually it's the name of the log program that created the ADIF. My stripped-down version of your log used the phrase "W3HF is fooling around.") That's further indication (at least to me) that the checker isn't seeing the file properly.

The other funny thing is the CM2RSV submitted a log in the middle of all of our actions last night, and his log processed normally.

I just tried one last thing--I created a new text file and copied the contents of my version into it, just in case the file itself got weird. Same result.

I continue to be stumped.

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director