Well said Mike.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 07:29 AM, Mike Besemer wrote:

And 115 years + 51 weeks ago, Marconi's wife was heard yelling "Guglielmo, get off that radio and come eat before your supper gets cold'!

Please accept my non-denominational holiday wishes with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2018, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wish.

;>)

Mike
WM4B

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 7:21 AM, Rick - N7WE wrote:

 Today is a day to celebrate our roots!  116 years ago toady - December 12th, 1901 - Guglielmo Marconi made the first trans-Atlantic radio communication.  The transmission originated in Cornwall England and was recieved by Marconi at Signal Hill in St. John's Newfoundland.  For a bit of history click  Here.  Today is a good day to see if you can work either Newfoundland or England.