Re: Double Header Soapbox

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

I agree, that was fun.

As far as changing this contest and/or the Three Day Weekend.... I think we're going to leave well enough alone. It was my idea alone to change it, and I've received enough feedback saying that we shouldn't that I now realize I'd be in the wrong for doing so.

I was trying to balance the "more stations to work" vs "the harder challenge" and I think y'all are right, the challenge wins out.

Merry Christmas to all!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Well that was fun!  Despite terrible prop and never being able to work Barry, I had a good time.  Managed to get on all three days.  Friday night was heavy thunderstorms here and QRN.   And W1AW code practice requires the notch filter on 80m.  Saturday I had some RTTY to contend with.  And 160m was just real tough all three days.  I need a better antenna.

There was some discussion here during the contest about if you could work the same call in different days.  Matt said it would be reviewed during the off season.  My 2 cents - I believe we should leave it the way it is:  credit for a call once per band over the three days.  Yes, day 2 and day 3 get progressively harder to find "new ones," but for me that is the challenge.  And it does level the field a bit for those who can only get on one or two days of the 3.

One other note:  I will be glad when the contest group is migrated to groups.io.  I get postings much faster with here....Yahoo sometimes has long delays.  It will make the contest group much more useful!

But I had fun!  Hope you did too!  Merry Christmas to all and hope to work you in PSKFest.