From: Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Friday, December 8, 2017 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] A/C Replacement Advice Pls! #ACReplacement

Thjanks for the quick responses and the advice guys.  Greatly appreciated.  Here's what I know so far:
1) Our 16 year old unit is a Lennox that uses R-22 refrigerant.  R-22 will no longer be manufactured or sold after 2020 (Thank you government!)  So even if I repair and recharge the current one, it can't be repaired after 2020. - New unit is only reasonable answer.
2) The contract will definitely have a "no RFI" clause added.
3) Rheem and Goodman get good internet reviews.
4) From what I read on the internet, the RFI problems come mostly from the "variable speed" models.  They are supposedly the best for comfort, but 2 stage compressor models and single stage compressor models are still made.  So I think we are looking at an old style single stage compressor, and do not replace the constant speed air handler motor please!  Our old unit made no RFI from the compressor, the control unit, nor the air handler.  More later.  Again many many tnz