Re: KN4 calls - blast from the past !

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

Good one Jerry.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2017, at 20:03, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Just because you upgrade , you don't have to change calls. A call sign is what you make of it, just like your name. It is your choice to change your call, but changing your name is a bit more complicated.

Recently ran into an old friend, Ralph, WB9ICF (Ice Cold Fish) who advocated not changing calls because it was neat to be  "an undercover Extra".  Also, know some who changed calls at least times before he got one he liked and I had to remember each one.  But the one that takes the cake was WW9WWW who got on Riley Hollingsworth's bad side by changing his call 14  times in as many months !

I could have grabbed my Uncle's W4MO call years ago, but a cousin and I kept putting it off and then some other guy grabbed it.  He who hesitates is lost or something like that. Used to be that some would change their calls from KA or KB to a 1x3 because they  thought the 1x3 call made them look more experienced or something .  Hah !

To paraphrase Skakepeare:   What's in a call ? A call by any other name would still be a call .  Huh ?

Jerry  n9avy

From: Steve R via Groups.Io <oldjavadrinker@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] KN4 calls - blast from the past !

I am so embedded with this call I have now I decided to just keep it. My letters are same for Canadian call as well.

When I got my new ticket no one in the club there could find an old call book plus the fact I was not 100% sure what year I started as novice.

My winter project is Extra ticket so will probably change call after that. Anyway, was just curious about the WN.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2017, at 19:05, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Probably early 60's.   .....  Lost records ?    You believed those goldbricks who avoid work at all costs at FCC ???   All you need do is pick up an old callbook from the time you had WN call and look in up.

Jerry  n9avy