I do know I joined Uncle Sams Army in 1978, so was before then.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2017, at 19:20, Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...> wrote:

My WN8 call was issued in the mid-70’s.

Mike

WM4B

From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve R via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 7:00 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] KN4 calls - blast from the past !

When did the WN stop being issued? I got my novice sometime around 1973 or 74. My call was WA4QZP. I could never find my original ticket....buried in 40 years of stuff at Mom and Dad”s place. I was told all those old records were lost at the FCC.

Steve

KM4FLF

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2017, at 18:53, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Those 2x1 and  1x2 calls go like hot cakes.  People are waiting for years and pounce on them.   There are web pages devoted to them with lots of data as to when they expire, belong to an SK, etc.   If you know the SK's heirs, you can get one of them to sign off on it and the FCC will give you a grant almost immediately.   That's how W9CA  got reissued as a Club call. Yet, the original W9CA's license plate "W9CA"  (IL  white letters on red background) still hangs in the Elmhurst (IL) Portillo's.

My old WD9HQQ call has not been reissued and rightfully so  ...  it was a pain in CW.

Jerry  n9avy