KN4 calls - blast from the past !

Jerry N9AVY

Those of us who were around in the 50's & 60's might remember the KN prefix as that  for Novice licensees. If you don't that's okay.

Have worked/heard about 3  in the past few days.  Looks like the FCC ran out of prefixes and has opened up the KN4 block... figuring no one will not if they not told they have recycled calls,  hi ! hi!

It's good to see them back on the air.  My club call , K9ATI, was originally that of a high school buddy  Skip Dewell, KN9ATI, and later K9ATI.  Searched for him, but no sign anywhere.  Anyhow,  I you work a KN call outside of 4-land, you might ask if that was operators original call.

What's next ?  Reissueing W, WB, WA, WD ,K and back to N calls ???

Jerry n9avy