From: "Duncan McMahon" <zl3jt@zfree.co.nz>
To: <070@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 12:51 PM
Subject: [070] PSKFEST in 2002

de Jungle Telegraph!
Why have a damn serial number in the exchange? We've all got a computers
to work
the PSK mode, and a logging program, so why add an extra completely
unnecessary serial
number...it will destroy the contest!
The CQWW Zone contests are the most popular in the world...Why? No serial
numbers,
so no EGO number....This requirement was only needed for checking paper
logs by hand!

Serial numbers will stop the occasional casual QSO in the contest, because
people
will not understand the serial number! I move that the serial number
requirement
be removed from the exchange...for all time...any seconders?
ZL3JT 070 #109