Re: [070] transfer to groups.io

philw6pk

Thanks Matt!

Phil W6PK

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

As many/most of you have probably figured out by now, we have transferred the "070" group from Yahoo Groups to groups.io.

This was done for a host of reasons, and I think we'll be happier here.

Please log in to groups.io with whatever email address your Yahoo Groups posts were sent to and have a look around.

We will, in time, begin to utilize more of the features of the new user group host, but one we should begin using now is hashtags.  That's those cute little #thingies you see at the end of messages, used to describe what's found in the message.  You'll be able to mute conversations based on hashtags, or by thread, and the hashtags will greatly enhance our search capabilities moving forward.

The 070_Contest group has NOT been moved yet. I am still trying to decide what avenue to take with it, i.e. a separate group or a subgroup of the main group. I think the subgroup route makes the most sense at this point, but I'm glad to hear other thoughts on the matter.

Welcome to our new user group home, 070 Club Members! :-)

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director