Re: Signalink volume pots

Jerry N9AVY

Nope.  Just adjust mic gain while watching ALC level ... ALC shows action and I back off on mic gain. 

The M-8 uses the computer sound card and once the sliders are set, there's no need to change them.

However, I might add that the FT-1000MP has a tendency to creep up in power while running for extended periods. usually have it set around 40 watts, but it may creep up to 50 or 60 watts; so I almost always keep one eye on ALC meter.  Should probably investigate this problem, but I've been living with it for years and hasn't really been more than an occasional annoyance.

Had a Signalink hooked up to my TS-850, but didn't like the way the 2 worked together.  Acquired a TS-570 a while back, but haven't done anything with it. Was owned by a heavy smoker and has been sitting in garage for a couple months in big plastic bag with dryer sheets to get rid of smokey smell.

Jerry n9avy

To: "070@..." <070@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 3, 2017 10:27 AM
Subject: Re: [070] Signalink volume pots

Do you have to go into Control Panel whenever you need to make a volume adjustment?

Randy W4RTT

From: 070@... <070@...> on behalf of Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 3, 2017 11:23 AM
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] Signalink volume pots

I'm using a Rigblaster M-8 and it doesn't have any pots.

Jerry  n9avy

To: "070@..." <070@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:30 AM
Subject: [070] Signalink volume pots

I like my Signalink, but the input and output pots have way too much hysteresis.
Are the Rigblaster units any better in this respect?

Randy W4RTT

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.