Re: Move to GROUPS.IO vs Yahoo Groups

Matthew King - AK4MK

David - the idea is that you won't have to "follow" us over there. It should pick up your AOL email address from Yahoo and subscribe you just as you're subscribed now. You'll just go there, sign in (creating a new password I'm gathering) and, bam, everything is already there.

Milt - I haven't seen much wavering back and forth here. I've seen a wholesale "let's go!"  I'm having many problems with several of my Yahoo groups right now. As in, I can't see any of them when I sign into my Yahoo account. Right now, the only that seems to be working is posting via email to the reflector. Harken back to just a week or two ago where we had a week's period where the 070_contest group working fine, but nary an email showed up (regardless of posting via email or via Yahoo Group "post" function on the web) on the regular group.

There's a reason many, many groups are flocking away from Yahoo these days.... they are having major problems.

I'll continue my research and probably initiate a move soon. We'll see about keeping the existing Yahoo group for a while too, perhaps. More research to be done on that count.

73, y'all!

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 5:12 PM, David Hardy davehardy0101@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I'll follow you over there.  I don't have a problem with Yahoo Groups and I use an aol address for it.  See you there when you move.

David Hardy   1697/381
KB3RAN
CARA President
 re w