Re: From an old PODXS member ...

Dan Morris - KZ3T

I’m with Mike — How can they be rude when there is such a short exchange and nothing else.  that is not a mode to be holding conversations for sure.    So far, I’ve only made about 10 contacts yet I know nothing about the operators other than their QTH and only know that as I put them in to ACLog as I operate.

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Nov 27, 2017, at 1:14 PM, mwbesemer@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Interesting.  I ran a lot of FT8 over the Thanksgiving holiday (because I could do it 'Armchair Portable' via Teamviewer and still be actively engaged with the rest of the family) and did not encounter that.  Honestly, I don't know how you COULD be crude/rude on FT8 since there is zero human interaction.

I suppose you could still plop down on an ongoing exchange and muck things up a bit, but anyone going to that much effort is probably a lid regardless of mode.

I'm certainly not going to convert to FT8 full time, but it was a good way to occupy some time this weekend - and I DID work South Africa on 17 meters using only 40 watts.

Mike
WM4B

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] wrote:

   " Have  you tried the wunnerful FT8 yet? I ran about 200 contacts and went back  to PSK. Encountered a lot of crude and rude ops on FT8."