Re: 070 List Service

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Matt - Another list service I belong to NCVA just switched over and he did not have a problem at all.

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Nov 26, 2017, at 1:06 PM, Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Dan - this is something that we're giving some consideration.

I think the Yahoo buyout is still languishing in legal battles, but their service has definitely gone downhill for some reason.

The GROUPS.IO switch is indeed supposed to be pretty painless, and it's one that I'm seriously thinking about.  An advantage to them is that you only have to have an email address, no crazy Yahoo login-type thing or anything like that.

I'm going to post a "special notice" to the Yahoo Group to garner some feedback on a potential move, I do believe. Might even send an email to all the member for which we have email addresses and go from there. We'll have to see how that turns out.

Does anybody here have any feedback on the idea at this point?

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 6:52 PM, Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Don’t know if Yahoo Groups is going to continue to give problems and I believe someone said they have been bought out.

I know already that a number of list services have dumped Yahoo Groups and gone to groups.io  which appears to be a lot better than yahoo groups.

Just a thought. Evidently it is rather painless to migrate over.

Dan Morris KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!