From: "Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070 List Service 070 List Service <070@...>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [070] 10 Meter Activity

Well, I check out 10 meters daily (including CQ’s on ssb, psk) and not a thing but hissing noise and has been that way for months, other than the occasional big contests and then 10 meters seems to awaken!! Amazing how that works.  But after the contest, it is usually back to hissing noise.  I see so many others say the same thing from different parts of the country.  Where is all this supposed 10 meter activity anyway!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Nov 24, 2017, at 11:13 AM, ka5dwi@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

You naysayers make me laugh
While everyone is focused on easy QSOs (FT8 on 17 & 20M), no one except for a few dedicated PropNET operators continue to put out PSK31 packets on 10-Meters (Plus a couple of other bands).
The past few days, there has been a few openings (Fall/Winter Es). They occur for 1-4 hours, usually late morning to solar noon and again late afternoon into the evening.  The Eastern half has had good conditions and out west we really only had one good opening the past 3 days.  Again these are short lived and not great openings, but still better than nutin'.

Here is what the PropNET people have seen the last 3 days.
Link: http://swotrc.net/ka5dwi/pnp112417-3day.png
 Also attached a PNG file.

I have heard everyone rave about WSPR and Skimming CW, FT8 & JT65.
But these guys still prevail after all these years.
Put out a simple CQ (CQ CQ de KA5DWI KA5DWI k) and we will post it if heard.
Also many of us announce on our transmissions that our ROBOT is turned on. Call us 3X3 and we will answer you.
Fall/Winter Es are off to a good start. I sure hope it continues.
73 Art KA5DWI/7 AZ