Re: Sprint scores

Matthew King <mrk.twg@...>

Randy - while the scorer does try to match the QSOs, that is not part of the score. It's just information, basically.

From what I understand, the "y" indicates that this particular QSO was matched in another log, the blanks show that it was not matched (but there's no penalty for this) probably because there was no log from the other party to the QSO, and the "X" shows that it was NOT matched in a log that WAS submitted by the other party in the QSO. You have an example of the "X" scenario with KC8WSM. You're not in his log. But, again, there's no penalty for that unless we turn that "feature" on in the scorer (unless I'm sadly mistaken, but your score computed the way I'd've expected it to based on what I think I know). The only one that doesn't count for any points is the duplicate contact with N3DQU within just a few minutes of each other.

I'm not sure why the score would change except for when David fixed the scorer setup file and re-ran all the entries, or if you re-ran your log yourself.

Don't forget that you can click on the various blue lines in the scorer report to see more detailed info for that item.

Good job in your first contest! :-)

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 4:58 PM, randy true w4rttrandy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

This was really my first time at trying one of the contests and I'm still trying to wrap all this around my noggin.

Are the scores based on matching QSO's, unlike the sticker chasers which are honor based? Seems like the scores change every so often.

On the Log Data chart, under the matched column, I'll assume the Y's = Yes. What are the X's? Are the blank rows unverified QSO's?

Randy W4RTT