Re: 2018 ARRL Grid Chase

k9wis@...

call me old fashioned..but I like a nice personable chat followed up by a paper QSL and even a handwritten letter ...
Brian K9WIS
Emiratus ARRL Member

---- "Christopher J LaRue NO7E no7e@cox.net [070]" <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Anyone else read the specifications on this?  FT8 is going to be
absolutely dominating every band when this mess starts.  It will be a
year long FT8 contest.

http://www.arrl.org/international-grid-chase-2018

I admit I like and use FT8 but I prefer to actually have a conversation
with other operators.  That is why I like PSK31, the problem is most of
the contacts are about as interesting lately as FT8.  Hello, my name is,
his/her name is the grid signal report and 73.  Sometimes you actually
get rig information and a little chat but that is getting rare even on
PSK31.

--
73 de Chris NO7E
no7e@arrl.net