From: "n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 2:03 PM
Subject: Re: [070] 2018 ARRL Grid Chase

Here is my prediction.

Given the level of automation in the current FT-8 version, its superior performance on very weak signals, and the minimalist exchange, I think FT-8 or its future evolution's will replace CW as the preferred contest mode.  In fact, I think I remember reading somewhere that part of its development was in response to other JT modes being too slow for contesting and requests for a high speed contest capable format that used the technology. As soon as N1MM logger+ is fully interfaced (if it hasn't already happened) I think it will be off to the races.  CW contesting is already mostly keyboard and automated.  Imagine CQ WW-CW with FT-8 as an allowed mode and a full legal limit amp!  Coming soon to your favorite HF band.  I hope not.

Time will tell.