Steve
VA3FLF

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 13, 2017, at 14:32, mwbesemer@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Just for giggles, I reinstalled WSJT-X over the weekend and gave FT8 another try. I'll probably play with it when the bands are really dead, but I don't see the attraction really; it's certainly not the ham radio I learned.

As for the ARRL... now that they've found themselves in a hole, they should quit digging.

Mike
WM4b

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] wrote:

   My predictions are seldom accurate, but maybe this one will come to pass.

I suspect that FT-8 will self-destruct in a year or two because many will tire of contacts with little information. People get into ham radio to meet other people and have some meaningful conversations.  FT-8 QSOs are just plain old "599 QSL 73" ones and people will tire of that.  Choices of operating frequencies were ill conceived and there will be a backlash because of it.

I also predict that ARRL may see a loss in membership as a result of just another year long stupid contest which probably won't generate the revenue they had hoped. I plan on being one of the statistics in loss of revenue.

Jerry  N9AVY