From: "'Ray Clements' r.clements@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: [070] another thing.....

QRL means "is this frequency busy?".

While it is quite appropriate for phone where the band width takes up about 2.8 KHz, it is not so useful for digital modes such as PSK31 where the bandwidth is only 31 Hz and multiple QSOs can be present in the same waterfall at the same base frequency.

Also remember that just because you can hear or see a signal on your waterfall does not mean that the "interfering" station can hear or see you.

Ray N9RWC