From: "Jim Innis jinnis@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: [070] another thing.....

Hope it wasnt me.  I was calling CQ last evening, and had few takers.  A couple of times I had a freq, sent my QRL? macro, got no response, called CQ, and all at once an ongoing QSO showed up in my waterfall.  The QSB was really a problem.

Jim K5SP

On 11/1/2017 8:15 AM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] wrote:

One way to avoid that happening is to put out a  "QRL ? QRL ? "   call or simple inquiring if frequency is in use .  QRL  means same thing in a Q Signal form.  There was a day all ham were familiar with the Q code.

Rarely hear "QRL" or anything like it.  Operators just jump on a frequency and start calling ... LIDs.

Jerry  n9avy