Re: another thing.....

Jim K5SP

Hope it wasnt me.  I was calling CQ last evening, and had few takers.  A couple of times I had a freq, sent my QRL? macro, got no response, called CQ, and all at once an ongoing QSO showed up in my waterfall.  The QSB was really a problem.

Jim K5SP

On 11/1/2017 8:15 AM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] wrote:

One way to avoid that happening is to put out a  "QRL ? QRL ? "   call or simple inquiring if frequency is in use .  QRL  means same thing in a Q Signal form.  There was a day all ham were familiar with the Q code.

Rarely hear "QRL" or anything like it.  Operators just jump on a frequency and start calling ... LIDs.

Jerry  n9avy

From: "mwbesemer@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 7:56 AM
Subject: RE: [070] another thing.....

CQ Field Day... CQ Field Day...

Actually, I've been guilty lately of CQing on top of someone, but it was not intentional.  The bands have been so goofy and the QSB so long and deep I've totally missed ongoing QSOs, even after watching for a minute or more.

Last night, I was seeing strong signals CQing but could not get any answers.  I was operating Recliner-Remote from my living room so I couldn't hear the signals, but it made me wonder if the aurora was back last night.

Mike
WM4B

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 8:52 AM, randy true w4rttrandy@... [070] wrote:

Another thing that p--se me off, is the guy that will! jump the frequency I have been using. Ten seconds after I end a qso.

Grrrrr

Randy W4RTT