Re: QSLs from Bureau

Jerry N9AVY

Surprises like CW, SSB and RTTY contacts.    Still prefer the envelopes from PODXS !

Jerry  n9avy

From: "Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: [070] QSLs from Bureau

HA! My stack is bigger than yours.... *GRIN*

I got 38 cards recently, for my KK4CPS call, several of which were from 2013.

The receipt of the envelope prompted me to send a dozen envelopes to the bureau for my AK4MK call as well.  I don't think it's worthwhile to send any for my 6-wk held KW4VY call...

Bureau cards are fun - it's a surprise when you get the envelope, and several surprises when you open it!

Be good, y'all.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Got a nice stack of 32 QSLs from ARRL bureau this morning.  Went through and found 2 new band/countries for Challenge which puts me at 1414.  The usual bunch if DL/I/9A/G etc. but some needed answering... those who didn't check PSE or TNX   of gave no indication of a card wanted got nada ! (Hey, it's on my QRZ page !)

If you work DX on PSK or any other modes, you *need* to have envelopes on file with current name, call sign and address.  Last year I sent them a dozen envelopes with a "Forever" stamp on each envelope. Some bureaus will toss cards after a year and some will hang onto them.  After 16 years I retired from the ARRL Incoming Bureau... just old & tired .

Fun going through cards... one was funny and had a radio with "split" marked on both receivers and a " Mr. Potato Head"  figure in front of radio except it was a Banana   !    If you don't get puns, you probably won't get it .

Settling back for a weekend full of PSK31 QSOs ... I hope !

Jerry   N9AVY