Claiming your cards that you store at the bureau

There’s a special way of emptying your “In-coming cards” that you have at the bureau.

Timing is everything, and this weekend is a perfectly timed way of emptying your incoming cards.

It’s the CQ World Wide Contest, SSB contest.

Although this is a club based on PSK 31, etc., it’s also about mutual aid.

And as an old contester dating back to the early 70’s, here’s what I can contribue to the effort;

The CQWW, SSB Contest, is the single most popular contest for HF that there is.

It starts at 0000 Z this evening.

Ur CQ Zone:

East Coast?...ur in cq zone 5

Middle of the US?...ur in cq zone 4

West Coast? Ur in cq zone 3

Alaska? Ur in cq zone 1

So my report to someone is 59 03. It’s that simple. If it’s a JA station, (V E R Y common from the left coast in every dx contest), my report to them is “go-que camo-she dozo”.

That’s “59 03 go ahead”

Work as many dx stations as you can hear! Believe me, you’ll hear DX that maybe you hadn’t heard before!

Since the advent of LotW, that’s how a lot of the guys will qsl to you.

But, I won the CQWW, 40m, Hi Power back in the late 70’s or early 80’s...I have to find the certificate...I received a shoe box full of cards over the next 90 days...

Work as many JA’s as possible! They love paper cards!...

Also, a tip: Sunday evening as we approach 0000Z, Monday...the end of the contest... It’s Monday morning in JA! All the contesters have gone to work. All except their Novice class operators! (Mostly kids) They have ssb privilages on some HF bands, with 25 watt max.

Thats how to clean out your cards at the bureau!

My experience is to send the bureau a few bucks. They prefer to choose the envelopes they use. A lot of dx stations have some crazy sized cards.

That’s it.

Milt.

N6MG

070-650