Re: W9SMR - Stan - Completes 366!

ljl2002@att.net

Here ya go Jerry!!

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 5:17 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

When I did it , it  took about 2200 (?) contacts and it sure looked insurmountable ... like standing at the base of Mt. Everest  and looking up !  Just chip away at it... little by little.

But I tried to make about 20 or more contacts every day and before long I had it done. Weekends were more fruitful  with tons of DX and I would make like 50  on Saturdays/Sundays.  Could do this in maybe 3-4 hours. I was also lucky to be semi-retired and home a lot of weekdays, but weekday DX wasn't as plentiful.

There will be times when finding letters was a problem; especially A' & N's and a few others... you'd be surprised how many countries have the letter A !

If anyone is after A suffixes I can schedule contacts..  have N9AVY  &  K9ATI so you get twice as many.  Be sure to read the rules as to how many time you can use same callsign.

It was fun and worked a lot of endorsements doing WTW without thinking about them. Am almost thinking about a second go at WTW ... maybe there can be a "double header"   sticker for that !?

Jerry  N9AVY

To: 070@...
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [070] W9SMR - Stan - Completes 366!

* n7we1980@... [070] <070@...> [2017-10-25 01:00]:
> Stan - W9SMR - completed his 366 on 10/25/2017 shortly after 00:00 UTC. He
> is the 23rd person to achieve this milestone. Congratulations Stan. Well
> done!
>
> Stan is also closing in on the last segment of the Work the World
> endorsement. Please join me in congratulating him on this fine
> accomplishment and cheering him on to completing WTW!

Excellent. Honestly, I think the WtW is more impressive; to do both would be amazing.

Congratulations!

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.