80/160m Antenna

Mike...

You’re aimed in the right direction with the beverage.

I had a beverage on 160m when I lived in So. 5-land...

817’ long, terminated in a ¼ watt, 50 ohm resistor about 5’ above ground...(whatever the top wire of a barbed wire fence is, agl)

Many a time in the middle of a contest I had to put my “Bayou Reeboks”, (rubber boots) on and fight the critters and bugs to change that resistor ‘cause I x-mitted A L O T of power through it! Live and learn.

One thing to look at is a 4-square, switchable x-mitting antenna. Doesn’t take acre’s of space and it works...

Any antenna you build for 80 and/or 160?...Pay attention to the losses! I’m a true believer that it’s so easy to lose a db and dang near impossible to gain a db with the low power of the digital modes.

I’ve discovered that if I only had privileges on the 160m band, there would a way to get something on the air...

Steve, W3HF can tell you how far some intelligent ingenuity and necessity can go when it comes to antenna’s...

Milt.

n6mg

070-650

LONP #76