Re: Holy certificates, Batman !

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

That’s a good story Jerry.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 20, 2017, at 09:12, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Joe:

Pretty much the same here in my SWL days back in 60's & 70's.  If the mail didn't show up with QSLs I'd blame the mailman and be bummed out until next mail delivery.  Also used to get a ton of propaganda from Iron Curtain countries while would fill mail box.  One of the benefits of getting QSL cards from Communist countries is that it got one on the FBI  list .  Was at a get-together with a couple prominent SWLs/writers and one of them used Freedom of Information Act to get his FBI file; FBI had copies of everything he ever wrote to a Communist country !

Still have a nice collection of SWL QSLs kicking around here somewhere...

Jerry  N9AVY

From: "'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070]" <070@...>
To: "070@..." <070@...>
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 7:56 AM
Subject: Re: [070] Holy certificates, Batman !

Randy,

LOL.  Reminds me of when a buddy of mine in high school (another SWL) waited by the mail drop box, in the snow, for the mailman to sort through everything to get at our QSL cards before he even had a chance to deliver mail to anyone else in the neighborhood.  We were looking for anything with red and blue borders which usually signified something international.
Those were the days of SWL QSL's arriving from shortwave stations and all of us were in a perpetual "can you top this" contest.  Lots of fun for sure.

73
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Thursday, October 19, 2017 9:10 PM, "randy true w4rttrandy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote: