Re: 17m PSK31
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Why run a KW ... ???
1) a KW compensates for a crummy antenna ... you'll be 599, but you probably can't copy the station at other end
2) You like higher electric bills
3) You have the Tim "The Toolman" syndrome in which you believe the MORE POWER is the answer to everything
4) You're an unskilled newbie who just came from 11 meters where you ran 10 KW in mobile and have brain damage
5) You enjoy watching the traps on your you antenna go up in flames
6) You like having neighbors curse you because you go though their Wi-Fi, TVs, toasters, electric blankets, thermostats, opening garage doors and so on
Feel free to add to list ...
Jerry N9AVY :-)
From: "Jonathan Wilson eaglescout.jonathan@... " <070@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:10 AM
Subject: Re:  17m PSK31
Why would you need to run that much power? I've logged 70 or so contacts using my FT817 and a dipole in the last 3 days.
On 10/9/17 6:46 PM, tom@...  wrote: