From: "tom@... [070]" <070@...>
To: <070@...>
Subject: Re: [070] 17m PSK31

As someone who does both, the FT8 default frequencies are programmed in WSJT-X application (which is still in the release candidate 2 stage for FT8).   The best chance is to get them to change the frequency they use on when the release version (or RC3) comes out by complaining on the group.

This isn't the only band/mode that has a conflict, I don't FT8 also runs into Olivia on 20 meters.

If your hoping FT8 goes away, I seriously doubt it anytime soon.  It has absolutely dominated every other digital mode for use since it came out.   Even JT65/JT9 modes are pretty dead now, especially JT9.

73,

Tom KN6Q

---In 070@..., wrote :

I know I am late to the party, but trying on 17m now.....

Fr Richard
WB8YXF

On Monday, October 9, 2017, 11:46:24 AM EDT, 'Steve Case' artcase@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I was there too for the last half hour, CQ'd saw nothing but FT8 sigs. I agree use it or lose it.
Steve
WA7ETE
PNW