Re: 17m PSK31

Jerry N9AVY

While there are no FCC rules or regs against it, perhaps PODXS should have contests on 18.000 ?   :-)

Jerry  n9avy

To: 070@...
Sent: Monday, October 9, 2017 8:31 AM
Subject: RE: [070] 17m PSK31

I suggest we start making regular use of 17 meters. I know propagation my not support much activity, but we can give it a try and see. Plus, it would be a good thing having them hear signals there.

I can try to be there as my work schedule supports.

Mike
WM4B

Sent: Monday, October 9, 2017 9:29 AM
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] 17m PSK31

Probably not, but "venting" feels good. I am hesitant to join another group after cleaning out several groups people urged me to join. There were days I'd wake up and have way too many emails to answer; so, I purged many email accounts that held little interest. Just don't want to start down that road again.

I'm hoping that once the FT8 people tire of the mode, they'll just go away.

Jerry n9avy

Sent: Monday, October 9, 2017 6:11 AM
Subject: Re: [070] 17m PSK31

I too feel the frustration with FT-8 "taking over" what had been "our" segment of 17m. But I doubt posting our concerns here will do much to change that. May I suggest those of us who feel this is an inappropriate encroachment on the gentlemen's agreement join the WSJT Meteor Scatter and Weak Signal Group
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/wsjtgroup/info
and voice our complaints there?

The group's conversations make for interesting reading - particularly the current thread of Expanding the Watering Hole. Have no doubt - they are coming soon to a frequency we all love and use. Time to make our voice heard!

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.