I will also be monitoring  160m ... 1.807...... around 00:00 zulu

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Friday, October 6, 2017 6:38 PM, "Bill Garwood n4gbk@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

I’ll look for you around 0000 UTC.  You’re about 600 miles.  My 160 meter experience is anything under about 800 miles is usually workable just about any night.

Also, purists might argue with me but I am usually running 70 watts or so on 160.  I have an IMD meter and my signal is good at that power level.  Also, not going to overload many receivers on 1807 as there is usually no one home.  The  2 or 3 dB signal improvement helps on the noisy band.  22 states so far but no west coast yet.  Maybe that will happen in the Great Pumpkin Contest!

See you soon.

73,

Bill N4GBK FM16 in NC

Sent from Mail for Windows 10