I also use HRD {paid subscription} and I have experienced freeze up many times and still do. I contacted HRD about the problem and they told me it was the Signalink and to run without it. I use a IC 7200 which has a built in sound card, I followed their advice and still had the freeze ups. I put the Signalink back in because i feel that it does a better job of buffering of the incoming audio than the factory sound card. I do run the the transmit directly to the radio.  I spoke with them again and they told me it was my computer {not enuf ram and processor too slow} so I replaced the computer but still have freeze up. I never know when it will happen. Sometimes the HRD program will recover after a few seconds and other times I have shut down the program and restart it. I am not computer savvy so I just have learned to live with it. I am running their latest version and up date every few months. Overall i like the software but it can be aggravating with the freeze ups.

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Friday, September 8, 2017 12:46 PM, "'Mike Flowers' mike.flowers@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Hi Folks,

First, Full Disclosure:   I sometimes volunteer my efforts as part of the HRD Beta Test Team, and I’m just reporting facts, I’m not trying to defend the product or sell it.

The various ‘last free versions’ of HRD that are out there eventually age as the Windows operating system is updated.  HRD is reasonably closely integrated with Windows and uses a lot of system calls and services.   As Windows is updated, these services and calls sometimes change.

A few months ago, we tested a number of Beta releases developed to correct some memory leaks in the software that were causing lockups.  These problems were found and corrected.

I’ve been running the current production version, v6.4.0.780, for a while now with no performance issues.

I’ve been an HRD user since the early days with Simon, and an HRD customer since they’ve been a commercial concern – through some rough sledding and now into much better times.   HRD runs the station here at K6MKF.

Capitalism in action.  Your mileage may vary.

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, Past President - NCDXC