Re: HRD 6.4.0

Mike Flowers

Hi Folks,

First, Full Disclosure:   I sometimes volunteer my efforts as part of the HRD Beta Test Team, and I’m just reporting facts, I’m not trying to defend the product or sell it.

The various ‘last free versions’ of HRD that are out there eventually age as the Windows operating system is updated.  HRD is reasonably closely integrated with Windows and uses a lot of system calls and services.   As Windows is updated, these services and calls sometimes change.

A few months ago, we tested a number of Beta releases developed to correct some memory leaks in the software that were causing lockups.  These problems were found and corrected.

I’ve been running the current production version, v6.4.0.780, for a while now with no performance issues.

I’ve been an HRD user since the early days with Simon, and an HRD customer since they’ve been a commercial concern – through some rough sledding and now into much better times.   HRD runs the station here at K6MKF.

Capitalism in action.  Your mileage may vary.

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, Past President - NCDXC