Re: CME Blues

Dan Morris - KZ3T

I believe that must have been the problem as I was hurrying to make a contact for my 366 last night and got it at 2359Z!!!  whew   and there were several strong signals and when I worked them even though the signals were strong I thought maybe some QSB or something because some the copy was garbled.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Sep 8, 2017, at 11:18 AM, mwbesemer@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Just saw on http://spaceweather.com/ that the aurora was visible as far south as Arkansas.  That would explain it.

Mike
WM4B

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 11:14 AM, mwbesemer@... [070] wrote:

   Sure made me wonder, since I'd been monkeying with my software.  It did seem to last too long for aurora, but who knows.  I agree with the phase shifting idea; it's not fair when our phase shifting gets phase shifted!

Mike
WM4B

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 11:11 AM, w3hf@... [070] wrote:

Not sure. I saw something similar to Mike, I think on both 20 and 40. Multiple signals that all seemed strong enough but no consistent decodes. I was thinking some sort of phase distortion--could have been multipath, and I think aurora does that. But it seemed to last for a few hours.

I'm just glad that I wasn't the only one seeing it--that probably means that my station isn't broken.