Re: 30m success !

Jerry N9AVY

Quit that in my 20's when I stopped going to bars !

Jerry

From: "boat.anchor@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Re: 30m success !

Jerry

There is a quicker way around the smell issue. Just take up smoking.

out of good ideas now
Barry

---In 070@..., wrote :

I knew that ..  Think you were referring to putting the cases only in dishwasher, not the electronics of the radio (think you left that part out). Sometimes people will run with an idea and not read everything.

My friend made some poor choices in buying radios on ebay.  There are unscrupulous people on Ebay who rather than fix a broken radio will  dump it on unsuspecting ham ... you'll also find same ones at hamfests. Of course, dishwashers have nothing to do with Ebay.

My TS-570 has been cooking away for almost 24 hours.  Will pull it out in a couple days and hopefully it will no longer stink of stale smoke/

Take care Barry !