Re: 2017 KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE

v32hoosier@...

With the 2017 KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE behind us, Stan and I would like to thank all you APE Hunters who made it so much fun.  The number of contacts tally hasn't been finalized, but we expect it to about the same as last year, which is really good, considering the general decline in propagation conditions.  We'll soon be getting all those shiny certificates out to the winners, and will be happy to provide a paper QSL to those desiring one (no SASE needed), just send your card to my (KC9UR) address listed on QRZ.  We really enjoy doing the APE, and we hope you had as much fun hunting us as we did being the hunted.  We will be putting together our "2017 Tall Tales" report, with pictures, and posting it for those interested.  We would also like to thank the PODXS 070 volunteer leadership for dreaming up, organizing, and dealing with the administrative details of all the fun operating events throughout the year - your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Until next year,
73
Stan (W9SMR) and Bob (KC9UR)