2017 KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE

v32hoosier@...

Yahoo decided to bury the announcement I posted yesterday into an old thread from years past, so I'm re-posting it:

The KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE has been spotted thrashing about northeast Indiana preparing to get on the air this Friday afternoon, Aug 25th, and continuing through Sunday morning, Aug 27th.  Stan (W9SMR) and I are looking forward to our 5th consecutive APE from beautiful Round Lake, and to reconnecting with hunters of years past as well as working as many new PSKers as possible (last year's contact total exceeded 200).  As in previous years, we're offering a custom QSL card and also a nice certificate to the persistent hunters who work us on three or more bands.  We will be operating two stations on 80 thru 6 meters, propagation permitting.  We'll post updates to this forum when we get on the air.

Happy hunting!
Stan (W9SMR) and Bob (KC9UR)