Re: Frustration with QRZ

Joe Cook

Well, I am probably the youngster  here (no disrespect,  i mean one of the newest hams in the group ) but isn't it somewhere in the FCC regs that all operators are supposed to keep a log of all activity?  Does the FCC excuse that requirement if the contact is not listed on the stations preferred 3rd party website?  My guess is no....

On Aug 22, 2017 7:08 PM, "boat.anchor@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Jerry

He has been added to all my blocked callsign lists.
Barry

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

Barry:

The guy sounds like a flake !   Being an Official Observer has no weight in Canada.

There are some people who have had their QRZ info removed upon request  or by QRZ  for being naughty.

Tell the guy his opinions and $2  will buy him a cup of coffee !

Jerry  N9AVY

From: "boat.anchor@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 4:02 PM
Subject: [070] Frustration with QRZ

Well frustration hits again.

QRZ access has been spotty for a couple days. Also they have managed to lose
my VB7150 page altogether, creating problems when contacts try to confirm my identity.
This has been reported to QRZ support and it has been "Dispatch Ticket to HQ".
Yes I am a paid up supporter.

I had the pleasure of working a new, to me, member only to be told -

"I don't log any body not in Zed. Maybe you should fix the QRZ
record for your call.  I am not an official observer."

I tried to explain I was OK but due to QRZ's issues he would not log the contact. Hope all
Florida hams don't think that QRZ is the absolute definitive reference when it comes to
determining station legitimacy.

Barry
VB7150