Re: Work the Heavens

David Westbrook

These spelling-type of things really just boil down to working a certain number of A's, certain number of B's, etc.
In this case, the goal would be to work this many of each of these letters (first letter of suffix):
      9 A
      1 B
      6 C
      5 E
      3 G
     11 I
      2 L
      1 M
      3 N
      5 O
      3 P
      1 Q
     10 R
      8 S
      3 T
      5 U
      1 V
Noting to do with words, or DX, or propagation or anything to learn or experiment with -- purely just making any contacts .. personally, for that reason, I don't like WTW or similar as an endorsement series.

If it were in the WTW model, this set of signs is basically a "continent", and the the signs (e.g. LEO) are "countries";  And if by WTW rules then you could only work a callsign  once.  e.g. for North America, if you work Jerry N9AVY, it would apply to CANADA, but you could not work him again to apply towards UNITEDSTATES.   So if you worked him for CANCER, could not work him again for TAURUS.
but it coulud be implemented however anyone wanted.

Rick -- yes, they are keeping we quite busy!   ham time is basically zero :( ...  Probably won't be on the waterfall anytime soon (maybe PSKfest in jan, or next july to chase 13colonies).    I'm pretty slow & behind on support/bugfixes for ham sites (checker, scorer, hamclubs), so don't have any plans for feat-adds unless really trivial (regular endorsement updates).

not reading the majority of the list anymore either ... caught this thread by chance.

73!
--david
kj4izw

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 4:54 PM, don@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Opps  77    with correct spelling of PISCES

No
CAPRICORN 9
AQUARIUS 8
PISCES 6