Re: FT8

Jerry N9AVY

"Shiny new baubble.... "       Hah- hah, but kinda true !

jerry   n9avy

From: "keitheuffer@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Sunday, August 6, 2017 1:02 PM
Subject: [070] Re: FT8

FT8 is active just below JT65 on 40 meters 7.076.  I've spotted them right on that frequency, too.    That would be like psk31 and JT65 on the same frequency - very annoying.   Also, I was chastised by a JT9 user not long ago for being just above the JT65 crowd on 20 meters.  I was told I was interfering with their QSOs.  In the words of brother Rodney, "why can't we all just get along"?
KT4EP
(All the local new hams here with HF privileges are 'ga-ga' over FT8.  The new shiny bauble, as I have heard).