Re: FT8

Richard Rohrer

The spread of FT8 over other users seems to be a problem on 20 mtrs for other digital mode users and for cw nets on 80 mtrs.  Apparently the FT8 user group did not bother to see what other users/modes maybe already using the frequencies and just decided to put FT8 there.  Originally it was suppose to go 3 khz above the JT65 frequencies which would have eliminated the problem.  I have already gotten an warning from the protectors of the FT8 frequencies that I should move to a different frequency as not to cause interference on a frequency that I normally use of Hellschriber.

Just my 2 cents.

Dick
KC3EF