From: 070@yahoogroups.com [mailto:070@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 9:21 PM
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [070] FT8

FT-8 freqs: Just go into the settings in WSJT-X and change the default freq.
to anything you want. None of this is set in stone.  I would "suggest" FT-8
default frequency raised closer to the 18.110 limit than lower into the CW
portion.  Seems like the JT modes, PSK and RTTY already competing for a very
small sliver of 17m.

73 Buddy WB4M
1545

I have been looking at FT8 as well.  If you download the program WSJT-X
1.8.0 and select FT8 and 17 meters, it automatically sets your frequency at
18.100.  You can complain to the individual operators all you want but the
solution would be to get the software gurus to change the 17 meter frequency
in the software to something other than 18.100.  This change could be made
fairly quickly and most of the current FT8 folks who get the regular
software updates and all new ones just coming up to speed on FT8 would have
the other frequency as their standard.  FT8 is new and still in development.
 It is a new world out there with things changing quickly.