Re: PSK31 Software

Radio <radio@...>

Chris,

I think the conservation of computing resources can be taken too far.  Especially given how cheap RAM, processing power and storage has become.

As a user, I really don’t care how spartan the code is as long as it works.  Saving a few milliseconds isn’t on my radar.

Another country heard from,
73 de Eric, KG6MZS

On Aug 2, 2017, at 5:16 AM, Christopher J LaRue NO7E no7e@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I use DM780 for one reason and one reason only.  I am visually impaired and the HRD rig controls are great I can do everything on my 42 inch LCD TV/Monitor that I have hooked up to my laptop.  I prefer FLDigi, but Omnirig is terrible and just does not give me the control on the screen that makes it useful for those of us with vision problems.  HRD is a resource hog especially DM780.  I was a hardware tech before I lost 85% of my vision and every hardware tech hates programs that take more resources than necessary to do a job.  FLdigi on Win 10 uses about 3% on my system, DM780 doing the same job uses 15%.  That is why hard ware guys absolutely loath JAVA, it is a pig but can be tamed if not for lazy programming.  If I could go back to Log4OM and FLdigi using my ICOM RSBA-1 software to control the rig I would dump this HRD so fast it wouldn't know what happened.

73 de Chris NO7E
no7e@...
no7e@...
OMISS #10925