Re: PSK31 Software

Chris J LaRue NO7E

I use DM780 for one reason and one reason only.  I am visually impaired and the HRD rig controls are great I can do everything on my 42 inch LCD TV/Monitor that I have hooked up to my laptop.  I prefer FLDigi, but Omnirig is terrible and just does not give me the control on the screen that makes it useful for those of us with vision problems.  HRD is a resource hog especially DM780.  I was a hardware tech before I lost 85% of my vision and every hardware tech hates programs that take more resources than necessary to do a job.  FLdigi on Win 10 uses about 3% on my system, DM780 doing the same job uses 15%.  That is why hard ware guys absolutely loath JAVA, it is a pig but can be tamed if not for lazy programming.  If I could go back to Log4OM and FLdigi using my ICOM RSBA-1 software to control the rig I would dump this HRD so fast it wouldn't know what happened.

73 de Chris NO7E
no7e@...
no7e@...
OMISS #10925
PODXS 070 #2551
Feld Hell #5846

On 8/1/17 6:59 AM, mwbesemer@... [070] wrote:

Had her for a long time... I HAVE to keep her.

Mike
WM4B

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 9:33 AM, 'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070] wrote:

   Mike,

Yep.  She's a keeper!

73
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Monday, July 31, 2017 11:28 PM, "boat.anchor@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

  Mike

You beat me to it.
My wife makes the coffee when she gets up early to warm up the rig for me.
Barry

---In 070@..., wrote :

No, but my wife will.  And she’ll bring a beer and makes a killer margarita too!

73,

Mike
WM4B

Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 5:42 PM
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] PSK31 Software

But will any of them make a cup of hot coffee first thing in the morning??????

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482