Re: Receive Antennas

W7RIV

Brian, K9WIS

I would like to see what they use. Any input you have would be appreciated. I have access to a field out back from me. I've just not taken the time to put any wires up at home. I also would like a portable one to use for outings.

Bryon, W7RIV

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 8:19 PM, k9wis@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

how much land do you have...Our FD group sets out beverages for 40 and 80 meters to pull in those weak signals at night...but we still xmit on the dipoles up in the trees. they are long(multiple wavelengths, I think) but only sit a few feet above ground, a termination resistor at one end makes them directional, some matching needs to be done(guess I'll have to check the antenna handbook).
Brian K9WIS