But will any of them make a cup of hot coffee first thing in the morning??????

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Monday, July 31, 2017 3:48 PM, "'Mike Flowers' mike.flowers@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

We all tend to like what we like.  Being retired, I have the time to fiddle around with software and I take it as a challenge to figure it out.

At the end of the day, it’s ‘Can you get the Qs into the log?”   If your software does that, then it’s all good.

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, Past President - NCDXC

From: 070@... [mailto:070@...]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 10:28 AM
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] PSK31 Software

I don’t know about you, Mike, but I always really liked the look of the waterfall in Digipan.  The default waterfall settings in DM780 I thought were abysmal.  It took quite a bit of tweaking for me to get that nice Digipan look.  The cool thing about DM780 is that it is very customizable.

Recently I was compelled to us Fldigi for Field Day.  I am not a fan.  For one thing I never could get the “center” frequency to work via the various machine controls.  That was a deal-breaker for me.

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

On Jul 31, 2017, at 9:09 AM, Mike Flowers mike.flowers@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I also came to HRD DM-780 via the MixW route.  DM-780 does a great job for me with the digimodes, RTTY and CW.

It's got some issues, but basically it's a solid performer here.

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"