Re: PSK31 Software

Radio <radio@...>

I am also someone who also started with Digipan and didn’t like DM780.

I will tell you that after running MixW for a while and then seeing some screenshots of what some ops had done to customize DM780, I tried it again.  After a lot of tweeks, I completely changed my mind about DM780 and now I am loathe to use anything else.

Another country heard from,

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

On Jul 30, 2017, at 8:20 AM, 'Mike Besemer' mwbesemer@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Good morning all,

I hesitate to ask because I don’t want to start a ‘Ford vs. Chevy’ discussion… but I’m going to ask anyway.

After being off the air for a few years, I’m back on and having fun.  I had always used Digipan before, but it refuses to run on my Windows 10 machine.  I’ve downloaded a bunch of different software for a test drive, and frankly, I miss the look and simplicity of Digipan!

My favorite features were the ability to decode multiple streams and the automatic recognition of a ‘CQ’ on the waterfall.

What’s your favorite software that has these features  and why is it your favorite?  FWIW, I do NOT like HRD/DM780, and I’m NOT going to change my computer or OS.  I’m a guy who lives in front of a computer 10 hours a day 5 days a week, so I just want software that WORKS.

73,

Mike

WM4B