Re: MACRO's

Randy True

If you want to make use of PSK Reporter as in DM780, you have to give your call 3 times.

Randy W4RTT

From: 070@... <070@...> on behalf of Marty martygrove@... [070] <070@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 12:21 PM
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] MACRO's

I have set my macro's up a couple of different ways...

For casual QSO's I usually reply with two of my callsigns:  de k

For contests I reply with a single return of my call:   k

You can always hit the reply macro again if you don't get a reply from the other station.

If calling CQ you might want to send your call sign a few times.... maybe three times.  Gives other stations a bit of time to tune to your freq.

Marty - KJ4LQX

On 07/22/2017 11:42 AM, Jon Greene - wx5nco wx5nco@... [070] wrote:

Good morning all,

While the bands are dead this morning, I'm fixing my macros.  Question for the group.  When starting (answering) a QSO, how many times do you call their call and your call.. for example, do you do one of the following?

1.  de
2.  de
or 3.  de

Years ago, when I was active, I'd do #3.  HRD shows #2 and thats what I've done lately.  But I see #1 being shown in the beginners guide to PSK web site.

Thoughts??

73
Jon Greene WX5NCO
Tulsa, Oklahoma EM26