Re: Off Topic - Antennas

Jon

I would go with a doublet and cut it a little long for 80 meters about 130 feet total. That way you will get all of the ham bands with tuner and single run of wire.

73 de Keith N9VEL

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 22, 2017, at 11:38 PM, Jon Greene - wx5nco wx5nco@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

First, I hope this  is post is "ok".  I'm not a member of any other active ham radio e-lists.

I'm debating on whether or not to put up a 40 meter double bazooka, or put up an OCF 40-6 dipole.  So far, my antenna of choice is the double bazooka.  I have a 10, 20, and 80.  The question is, whether to put up another bazooka and run another feed line into the shack, OR take down what I have and put up 1 antenna to do it all.....  This may be a no brainer to some, but I've been thinking about this for about a week now.

Thoughts?

73
Jon Greene WX5NCO
Tulsa, Oklahoma EM26