Re: PODXS Net???

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Not really Marty.  I’ve only used it as a end user.  However, I believe I did try a dummy net one time for the 10-10 net but don’t think they are responsive to that at all.   So, I left it alone.   My suggestion would be to find one of the OMISS net controllers and pick their brain as to how to set up a new net, etc.

I would be willing to help as much as possible though.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jul 22, 2017, at 12:25 PM, Marty martygrove@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Dan,

I downloaded NetLogger and took a look at it.  I haven't used that software in several years (way back when I was participating in the OMISS nets) and it is a LOT different than I remember.  I remembered it being more DOS-like in the past.  The new revisions are impressive.

I have no idea on how to set it up for a particular net and operating it at a net controller.  Do you have any familiarity with that?

Marty - KJ4LQX

On 07/21/2017 02:58 PM, Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [070] wrote:

Well, no body really needs Net Logger except for the Net Control Stations.  I believe the initial setup is what might take quite a while as someone would have to try and get most of the regulars in somewhat of a database, so when that person checks in, all his information will pop up on the Logger.  Now, those that download the Logger and use it, you will see everyone that has checked in and it is color coded as to whether they have checked out or who is up for making calls.  that way you know exactly where you stand and when your turn will be.   It really is a very neat little program.

I use it when I check in to the OMISS nets and sometimes there are up to 50 - 70 checkins on any one net!!!   Needless to say those nets can run for several hours!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jul 21, 2017, at 10:18 AM, David Hardy davehardy0101@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

This sounds like a great idea.  I'm in.  Do I need NetLogger?

David Hardy
KB3RAN